Alcúdia's beaches (Majorca)
This is a very special beach. It has a particular rocky inlet known as Punta S'Agulló that separates this beach from the neighbouring Cala Moltó. Cala Agulla, with fine white sand and a thick pine grove at the back, was declared Natural Area of Special Interest in the early nineties.
This nook is regarded as one of the most beautiful on the island due to its 500-metre long roadstead and its fine sand. The water is here crystal clear blue. A very special moment to drop by Cala Agulla is at nightfall when the number of bathers dwindles away and the range of colours starts to change gradually.
HOW TO GET THERE
By car, by bike
- Departing from Alcúdia take the C-712 towards Artà for 40 km.
- Follow the C-715 towards Capdepera - Cala Rajada for 11 km.
- Turn left at the signpost towards Cala Agulla.
- Park at the end of this road in the car park.
(The journey from Alcúdia to Cala Agulla can take an hour).
Ask the taxi driver for Cala Agulla:
- Taxis Amics d´Alcúdia. Tel. (+34) 971 54 96 91
- Taxis d´Alcúdia. Tel. (+34) 971 54 97 66 & (+34) 971 54 98 70
Sun bed and parasol rental, open air bars. It's also possible to practice some water sports like ski, sausage and donut ride, catamaran…
- Area: Rest of Mallorca
- Type: Fine sand
- Facilities: Sun bed, parasol and boat rental, open air bars
- Occupation: Busy
Sorroundings of Alcúdia