Alcúdia's beaches (Majorca)
Es Coll Baix is one of the most special beaches on the island, a rarity, a gift for people fond of nature. But it is not easy to reach. You'll have to walk for kilometres along a path surrounded by pine trees, which becomes a little more difficult at the end. As you come closer to the end, you get a better view of what expects you down there; an unspoiled beach surrounded by high mountain slopes. It's 250-m long and 75-m wide with a mixture of sand and shingle.
The water colour is milky turquoise. The water deepens quickly very close to the seashore, which makes it a perfect place for anchoring near the coast.
HOW TO GET THERE
By car, on foot, by bike
- Departing from Alcúdia take the Camí del Mal Pas for 1,5 km.
- At the little roundabout take the second turn right into the Camí de la Muntanya for 3 km until you reach a small shelter.
- From there follow the signs towards the path and you'll get there in about 30 minutes.
Ask the taxi driver for Es Coll Baix:
- Taxis Amics d´Alcúdia. Tel. (+34) 971 54 96 91
- Taxis d´Alcúdia. Tel. (+34) 971 54 97 66 & (+34) 971 54 98 70
None. It's highly recommended to take a picnic with you.
- Area: Cabo Pinar
- Type: Thick sand
- Services: None. Unspoilt beach
- Occupation: Low
Sorroundings of Alcúdia