Alcúdia's beaches (Majorca)
One of Mallorca's legendary beaches is Formentor beach, located 20 km away from Alcúdia. The trip to Formentor offers some of the best views on the island. After winding up into the craggy hills of the Serra de Tramuntana you'll arrive to this beautiful cove with extraordinary views over Alcúdia. The final spur of the Serra de Tramuntana shelters this place from the north wind as pine trees and holm oaks stand close to its golden sands and crystal clear water. At the end of the cove, in front of a tiny islet, stands the Hotel Formentor, which preserves the prodigious beauty of the old times, a hotel frequented by many leading celebrities.
Formentor beach is 900 metre long and divided in different sections. There's a rocky area, a pier and a sandy spot with many little coves all surrounded by pine trees.
You can also access this place by sea. Cruceros Brisas has a daily boat trip from Port d'Alcúdia.
HOW TO GET THERE
By car, on foot, by bike
- Departing from Alcúdia take the PM-222 towards Port de Pollença for 7 km.
- At the roundabout in Puerto de Pollença follow the signs to Formentor and take the PM-221 for 10 km.
- Beside the beach there are two big car parks.
Get an Autocares Mallorca bus to Formentor www.autocaresmallorca.com
Ask the taxi driver for the Formentor beach:
- Taxis Amics d´Alcúdia. Tel. (+34) 971 54 96 91
- Taxis d´Alcúdia. Tel. (+34) 971 54 97 66 & (+34) 971 54 98 70
Sun bed, parasol, boat, windsurfing and pedalo rental, restaurants, bars and open air bars, showers, changing rooms, toilets…
- Area: Rest of Mallorca
- Type: Fine sand
- Facilities: Sun bed, parasol and boat rental, showers, changing rooms, toilets, open air bars, easy access, easy parking
- Occupation: Busy
Sorroundings of Alcúdia