Throughout the winter, the leading European teams visit the Island because they appreciate its ideal conditions for training. Professional cyclists who have visited Mallorca have a highly favourable opinion of the Island. Alcúdia has a fabulous road network that will take you on tours through mountains and near beaches which you will never forget.
Mallorca Triathlon Highlight - Ironman Thomas Cookor the Sa Trencagarrons, the cycling climb to the highest point on the island, are some of the competitions held in Mallorca.
1- Cycling and mountain bike
Tourist office in Alcúdia
At the tourist office in Alcúdia you'll find a guide containing 10 cycling tours round Alcúdia.
Passeig Pere Ventayol s/n CP: 07400. Alcúdia
Tfno. (+34) 971 54 90 22
PUERTO DE ALCUDIA
Paseo Marítimo, s/n
Telf. (+34) 971 54 72 57
Ctra. Artá, 66
Telf. (+34) 971 89 26 15
Illes Balears Cycling Federation
Alcúdia - Bay of Pollença - Formentor
· Itinerary: Alcúdia - Port de Pollença - Formentor - Cala Sant Vicenç - Pollença - Alcúdia.
· Total distance: 60 km.
· Difficulty: Easy tour. Medium-high in Fomentor stretch.
· Sights: In Alcúdia, the walled city, the Roman ruins of Pollentia and the Roman theatre. The view over Pollensa Bay on the way to Port de Pollença, the lookout views from Formentor. In Pollensa, we suggest you to visit the town, to go up to Puig de Maria and to visit the Calvari.
Alcúdia - S'Albufera Natural Park
· Itinerary: Alcúdia - tour round the Natural Park of S'albufera d'Alcúdia - Alcúdia
· Total distance: 30 km.
· Difficulty: Easy tour on plain road both asphalted and not asphalted.
· Sights: The Natural Park of S'Albufera is a treasure for nature lovers, where all sorts of birds shelter and nest. There are paths round the whole park as well as hides. You'll receive all the information at the reception.
Alcúdia - Artà - Calas noreste de Mallorca
· Itinerary: Alcúdia - Artà - Cala Agulla - Cala Mesquida - Artà - Alcúdia
· Total distance: 100 km
· Difficulty: Some hills are somehow difficult but only for1 km. The track is stony, what turns this trip into very difficult if not using a mountain bike.
· Sights: Artà is an interesting town where you can visit the prehistoric town of "Ses Païses". The trip wanders through beautiful woods and coves.
Alcúdia - Bay of Pollença - Pollença - Lluc - Selva- Caimari - Sa Pobla - Alcúdia
· Itinerary: Alcúdia - Bahía de Pollença - Pollença - Lluc - Selva- Caimari - Sa Pobla - Alcúdia
· Total distance: 90 km.
· Difficulty: Trip along some plain sections and mountains in the Serra de Tramuntana. High difficulty on the climbing stretch to Lluc.
· Sights: In Lluc you should visit the Monastery. There are some outstanding rural villages like Selva and Caimari. Sa Pobla is a very traditional village with many restaurants with marvellous local cuisine.